Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Organic Chicken Spring Salad

I made this for dinner tonight.


I had two pieces of cake and grilled cheese sandwich today so I wanted to make something really healthy for dinner. Eating healthy can be really delicious if you can be creative. This turned out to be yummy and it was also approved by Brendan. Connor even liked the red peppers. Mmm. Here's my recipe in case you want to make something similar to this.

Organic Chicken Spring Salad

Every ingredient below is organic.

Marinated Chicken pieces on kabob stick bought from the store - enough for 2 people.
2 Handfuls of Spring Mix Salad
1/2 of Yellow Pepper
1/2 of Red Pepper
Whole cubed Avocado
8 thick slices of Cucumbers in cubes
1 small handful of cheese in cubes

Optional:
Salt/Pepper
Squeeze a bit of lemon over the salad

Your own choice of dressing. I had English dressing and Brendan had Ranch dressing.

Serves two large plates. Enjoy!

3 comments:

D.Rosenburg Photography said...

oh wow! yummy! looks delicious.. may have to try it! funny you had chicken salad last night.. I did too! different version though. :)

The Maass Family Blog! said...

That does look good...might have to try that!

Anonymous said...

The picture looks awesome!!! That made me drooling...yummy!!! More recipes would be cool to share!!! :D

~Nani the gal foodie~