Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mommy's Time

On Friday morning I left Vancouver at 645am to meet Dorena in Kelowna for 3 nights. It was a sweet treat me! It was great to see Dor after 8 months. We shopped, shopped and shopped! I got Connor some cool Summer clothes and can't wait for him to wear it. Other than shopping we played Canasta - a card game that my family play. I introduced Dor to the game a few years ago and she loves it so ever since we've been playing it every chance we get. We walked, dined and did a little spa - pedicure! Oh and yes - swimming at the hotel. The hotel - Holiday Inn Express - was great! They had swimming pool, hot tub, free breakfast bar, fridge, microwave, etc. We each had our own queen size bed. Kelowna is a such beautiful city. It's located right in middle of valleys. It was even warmer than Vancouver. We agreed that we had to do this again but with families next time because there's so much for the kids to do! I left on 11am bus back to Vancouver arriving at 630pm - 1 hour delay because a car was on fire on the bridge before Vancouver. I was SO excited to see Connor! I missed him oh so much!! Brendan and Connor were waiting in the car for me and as I popped up in the window in front of Connor and he was 'shocked' to see me. It was like he couldn't believe that Mommy was really there! He gave me a HUGE smile and waved. I took him out and we didn't let each other go for few minutes. Awww! It was GREAT to see my boys. Thanks Dor for the great weekend! Thank you Brendan for letting me go away for few days!! I'll end off with a picture of Dor and I.

4 comments:

D.Rosenburg Photography said...

aww! yeah what a great time we had! :) Thanks to Michael and Brendan and Connor for letting us go! HUGS!

KWit said...

Oh aren't these kinds of friends AWESOME! Me and my awesome friend are headed out on Mother's Day weekend. Just the two of us. We did it last year and loved it so much decided that it needed to be an annual thing. So happy for you two. It's so reviving isn't it!

Jojo said...

Yes it is Kristen! Those girls weekend get away just totally recharges us :)

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of you and Dorena!!!