Thursday, April 2, 2009

April

Wow. April is here already? I cannot believe how fast 2009 is going by. This pregnancy is going way faster than when I was pregnant with Connor. It seemed like forever with Connor. Two kids definitely keeps me busy.

I am looking forward to April with lots of fun and breaks. For the next week I will be busy doing childcare along with Connor. Next week I have two days off. One for Connor's annual Children's Hospital appointment and Friday I leave for Kelowna! The week after that I only have to work two days then I have two weeks off! Starting in May I will be changing my days from 5 to 3 days. I am looking forward to having some more time with Connor and doing housework.

Connor and Celeste really enjoy each other's company. They have a blast playing together. I have a feeling they will be great friends for a long time. I hope Celeste will be part of our family for awhile! It's fun doing childcare but it's a lot of work. It has given me an idea what it would be like having two kids and here I am - having another on the way :) I definitely won't be doing this forever but it's wonderful having a play mate for Connor few days a week.

Before moving to the mainland from the island I had always thought I would want to be a stay-at-home Mom and housewife for many years until the kids move out but that has changed. I miss work and I realized that I want both - Mom and Career. I LOVE being a Mom and I am taking this advantage of watching my own kid(s) grow in their early years. I don't know yet what exactly I want to do so being a Mom for now gives me some time to figure it out :)

Question for you guys. What are your summer plans?

1 comment:

The Maass Family Blog! said...

So happy that you have started up your blog again! It is nice to see how the other families are doing!

I am working more of the summer. One week off to go to Edmonton, ROAD TRIP, and then a few little camping trips on the weekends.