Friday, November 5, 2010

I think it`s time for you to go!


A few weeks ago everyone except Lincoln got the cold. Unfortunately, Brendan STILL has his cold. He has been to the doctor a few times already. During the first visit the doctor told him it was nothing and it would go away. I knew he had bronchitis but apparently the doctor didn`t think he should be taking antibodies as it would wear down his immune system. Wrong choice. Of course, a few days later Brendan worsen and went back to walk in clinic. Different doctor said he needed antibodies. A few days later Brendan was starting to get pain in his ribs out for no obivious reason. Back he went to the doctor this morning and apparently Brendan may have fractured ribs from coughing so hard and so much. AND it looks like the bronchitis has turned into Pneumonia. Great. It tells you that you have to trust your gut feeling rather than follow doctor`s advices. Brendan went into the hospital this morning to get some x-rays done on his lungs and ribs. He will know on Tuesday the results. Get better Brendan!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh my goodness! Jason told me that Brendan sounded really bad on the phone :S I pray that he feels better! Yah trust your guts. Always get second opinion. Wow it is very dangerous that he gets pneomonia. I had a really bad case of pnemonia few years ago and I ended up in the ER for getting the treatment. The ER doctor gave me a good tip to suspect pnemonia was to feel your back where lungs are located...if you feel them really hot like feverish. Go to the ER immediately or walk in the clinic. I was like wow it is a good tip to know that.
Brendan is very fortunate to get treatment fast otherwise his health would be worsen. At least he can rest more this week before the party starts :)
God bless!
Hugs, N

Jojo said...

Nani,

That`s a great tip! Brendan had that feverish feeling often. Yikes! It turned out that he has Pleurisy not Pneumonia. It`s an infection on lining of his lungs. So when it gets worse it rubs onto his ribs. BIG OUCH! He`s slowly getting better. Thank God!

On top of that, I had a bad head cold for the last couple of days. Couldn`t even go to work in Nanaimo cuz I was in BED! Ugh! Got lots of rest though and starting to feel a lot better. We all should be healthy by the party!! I HOPE! LOL.

STAY HEALTHY YOU ALL! :D
See you this weekend!
Love Jojo