As most of you may remember my post on "Going Dairy Free," (click on the link if you would like to refresh your mind with the post) I am still going dairy free since July of this year.
I ate/drank almost no dairy since then. I would sometimes accidently consume cow milk or cow cheese at resturants. In the last couple of weeks I missed sour cream so much that I decided to treat myself with cheese perogies and sour cream at a resturant.
My body was so used to no cow milk that almost instantly after I consumed these two I had body reactions such has upset stomach and going to the bathroom along with nausea. I knew instantly that our body wasn't designed for cow milk. In the old days, almost no one consumed cow milk because it's just simply not designed for humans. Cow milk has 4 digestive systems while we only have one.
I had pancakes this morning for breakfast with the family at a resturant. I am currently having a small reaction. The pancakes most likely had cow milk of some kind in there. This is a great evidence that we shouldn't be eating cow milk .
It feels good knowing that I'm taking care of my body. I'm also going to the bathroom everyday whereas I used to go every 2 or 3 days and I strongly believe it's from colon cleansing AND quitting cow milk.
Very interesting eh!
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awww you need to be careful with what you eat with dairy food when you are not used to it for a long time. It is not fun to go to bathroom and feel neausea :(
I have an idea...I am not sure if you are eating plain yogurt? If you do, you can turn plain yogurt into Greek yogurt for thicker texture. Put a cup of yogurt on coffee filter and tightened it in the jar so the yogurt whey water can drip through for few hours or overnight. You end up with thicker yogurt...it tasted almost like sour cream and very similar texture.
I did that few times and I seriously got confused with Greek yogurt and sour cream because I couldn't tell a difference. But I know what I was having for breakfast :P LOL.
Love you xoxo,
N
Another idea for perogies :P
Why not replace dairy cheese with goat cheese. I heard that making perogies are easy to make.
Goat cheese perogies with Greek yogurt cream...sounds very delicious and great! :D
~N~
Maybe let the husband know if you plan on implementing that idea on something he's going to be eating...
-Bren
Those are great tips!! I'm definitely going to try doing the plain yogurt in making it thicker. ANYTHING that would taste similar to sour cream!! LOL!!! I have no problem eating plain yogurt because it has enzymes to help break down milk :D Thanks girl!
Post a Comment