Thursday, December 23, 2010

Acupuncture


Brendan's sister has been going to an Acupuncturist for the last few years. After seeing 4 Acupuncturists she has commented on how much she loved the 4th one. Brendan's brother ended up going and had successful results. Brendan was strongly considering going and ended up going a couple weeks ago. I ended up going day after Brendan.

Acupuncture treatments can be used to relief physical and/or mental (inner stuff such as emotions). Once needles are inserted in proper places on your body, the energy is released.
During the first treatment Hisu Chen, the Acupuncturist, asked me what I wanted to focus on and I said my stress and anxiety. Chen asked for me to show my tongue and she immediately told me that I had digestive problems and low energy. I found that interesting because on THAT day I consumed milk and I wasn't feeling too great.

First needle was inserted into the middle of my forehead and then a few into my ears and that was VERY PAINFUL. Chen went on to say that I knew myself well but I had lots of emotion trapped from past experiences in family and friends. That was very much true. I felt heat coming out of my ears. Next few needles went into my wrists, hands, legs and feet. One part of feet hurt and that was the digestive/spleen area. It even bleed. Chen said that my blood was dark which meant my spleen wasn't good.

The whole thing lasted about 45 minutes. After Chen took out all the needles I felt more peaceful but she mentioned to me that I would feel even better after the 2nd treatment.

Today was my 2nd treatment. She treated for my stress/anxiety AND lower back pain since I was having constipation problems the last few days. The ears hurt less than the last treatment but I still felt lots of heat coming out. The needle that went into my hand HURT A LOT and that was the lower back! After about 30-45 minutes I FELT REALLY AWESOME. I'm in a such GREAT SPIRITS. I am just simply amazed with how well it works. I just feel good and at peace.

I plan to go back in January since I have one more treatment left on my medical coverage for 2010. For most of you all, you can get 6 treatments (30 minutes each) or 3 treatments (1 hr each) per year for free.

Such a great natural medicine it is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Acupuncture sounds awesome! I mentioned that to my sister about mental or physical support to relieve stress and toxins out of system. She is very interested in it because she has few health issues...plus emotional issues. Acupuncture helped Mama's injuried hand a couple of years and the pain was gone after using the acupuncture sessions like 3 or 4 times. She never got that pain back.

I don't want to make it sounds stereotype...I assume most Asian people who are specialized in acupuncture are probably better in performance because acupuncture is part of Asian culture/knowledge. So my question is should I seek for an Asian doctor who is doing acupuncture?
Let me know :)
Hugs, N

Jojo said...

Your sister would definitely find Acupuncture very helpful. Let me know how it goes for her. I actually don't know for sure if Chiense does Acunuturing better than other cultures but I would assume so. It would make sense right? Like Deaf people are best at teaching ASL. Marleen went through 4 Acupuncturists, I will ask her about the first 3 and see if they were Chiense? That would be interesting eh. I'll let you know. Love Jojo