Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lincoln's First Day!


For the past few weeks, Connor has been quite emotional before going to daycare and after coming hom from daycare. We tried talking to Connor about it but couldn't really get it out of him. Connor seemed to always have a blast while he is there but it's a different story when it's time for him to go and for him to come home.

One day, Connor was SO upset coming home from daycare and I was REALLY concerned. I talked with Niki the daycare lady and Brendan about what could possibly be wrong. Could be jealousy of Lincoln staying home and not feeling equal? We tried to think of ideas and then I came up with this idea. Since I am getting more and more hours of work over time it might not be a bad idea for Lincoln to go to daycare with Connor. Instead of 3 full days a week for Connor - it would be 2 full days for BOTH boys costing only $20 bux more a month. Lincoln was becoming an active boy so I thought this would be a good time.

I offered the idea to Connor and he was totally fine with going to daycare and he said, "Lincoln and Me? Okay!" He zoomed in the door and went off to play. I stayed for a bit with Lincoln to get used to new place and new people. Lincoln was just fine so I left. 2 hours later Lincoln realized I was gone and got really upset so I came and got him. I took Lincoln back to daycare when picking Connor up Connor didn't want to leave at all. I practically had to DRAG him out! Lincoln was fine as well. This will be a slow progress for Lincoln but if it works for everyone then that would be great. AS long as everyone is happy :)






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's very interesting that Connor didn't want to go to daycare at first because his little bro was staying at home. Wow...that's good for Lincoln and Connor to stay together at the same daycare.
By the way the pictures look so cute of Lincoln and Connor! :D
Love them!
Love Aunty N