Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Going Dairy-Free

As most of you know, I will be doing a colon cleansing very soon. My first appointment is on Friday and I will be sure to let you all know how it goes. I'm very excited about the results.

For the past week I have been emailing back and forth with this lady, Julie, who will be doing the colon cleansing for me. As part of my colon cleansing procedure, I cannot eat dairy or red meat for 3 days prior to each cleansing session. After some thought I decided to do some research on why we shouldn't be eating dairy. I also emailed Julie asking for more information on why we shouldn't be eating dairy.

Surprisingly, dairy provides almost no benefit to your health. In fact, it does a lot of negative things to your health. Here's a few things I've learned so far (there's still so much to learn).

  • Cows have 4 stomachs and 2 processes of digestion. Cow milk is produced for their calves so the molecular structure of milk takes 2 processes of digestion to fully break it down to put it in an absorbable form for the body. Humans only have one and there is huge population out there who are lactose intolerant which are more sensitive to it but none of us can really fully break down lactose.

  • Cultures like Asia doesn't consume dairy and you never seen children with runny snotty noses. We get lots of that because dairy creates a mucous build up in the body, usually in the lungs and comes out of noses when the body is saying "too much."

  • When cow milk is pasteurized, it is killing all the absorbable calcium anyways. Even if there is still some left our body can't use it in the form it's in which means our body stores it in the form of mucous.

  • Since dairy has no benefits for anyone, it ends up storing in your colon - which is why you have to do colon cleansing to remove all these things. Dairy thinks we need it but our body has no "aid" to help get rid of it or absorb it.
You can get calcium from greens (grinded/blended wheat grass, green leafs, and any deep color vegetables such as squash, etc). There's also calcium/magnesium supplements. Magnesium are supposed to help the calcium supplements absorb better in the body. I still don't know much about this topic so I am still doing some research. After hearing and researching about dairy it has gotten me convinced that I shouldn't be eating dairy. Why would I get colon cleansing and then continue eating dairy when it will just build up again requiring cleansing too often. It seems to have HUGE benefits when you're not eating dairy and you can get all the nutrients (mostly calcium) in many other ways when we aren't even getting it from eating dairy.

Time to look into dairy alternatives. I already tried rice milk and it was not bad at all. It'll be a huge change but hopefully it'll be successful. Going dairy-free will be for me and the boys as well (Brendan is already one).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...you are very courageous to cut dairy products out of your lifestyle. It is really hard for me if I cut them out of my life for good. But I limit dairy products.
By the way, I really enjoyed reading the information that you got from the lady on colon cleansing.

Taking care of your health is the best way to longer life :)

Love Nani