
Apparently, I'm not done with school for the semester. You're probably like, "Huh?"
Sigh, my courses are divided into three semesters. I finished all the courses for the first semester. I told my teacher that I'd get in touch with her again in January to start the 2nd semester. She advised me to not do that or I would lose my spot in the program. What?!?! I was confused and I told her that I finished all of my courses and that I finished early so that I could have a break and move. She said that I had 3 weeks of school time left and said it was my decision but I would be risking it.
Hmm... OK. I basically had no choice. I suggested the idea of taking a week off and then doing a course (a course from 2nd semester) next Monday that would only take me 2 weeks to complete and then I'd have 2 weeks vacation along with everyone else.
I found their system to be extremely weird. Brendan thought it was ridiculous. I mean, I worked hard so that I could finish the whole semester early to spend more time with my boys and pack to move.
It's unfortunate but at least I have the 2 weeks off at Christmas and New Years.
3 comments:
WHAAAAAAAAAATTTT!!! good grief!! I agree with Brendan that this is ridiculous!! I mean.. come on! seriously?? You so deserve a break and you have so much to do this month!! :( awww.. Wish i could pop over and help out in any way.. that sucks!
HUGS!!! ~Dor
That's stupid! I never heard of it before. Lala does her online program and she is done with her course last week so she could have a month off to relax and to enjoy her vacation. So lame! Thanks God that you emailed your teacher first before you would realize that you could lose your spot. Whew!
~n~
Actually, I just got news from the teacher. She said that if I contacted her by Jan 5th to do the 2nd semester courses that I wouldn't lose my spot. If I knew about this I would have ordered my text books in advance of time. But it doesn't matter anymore because I still can take a month off. It's important to me to have balance in my life - right now I want to focus on my three boys and the move!
Post a Comment