Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Little Boy...


Brendan was awoken to Connor complaining at 6:40am. He discovered vomit on Connor's PJ and he continued to throw up 4 more times in the next an hour. I woke up and was really concerned about him. I thought he was throwing up because the room was too cold from the air conditioner. We decided to take him to the walk in clinic at 9am. The doctor said that he was very ill and had food poisoning. He told us to get Connor gravol and encourage him to drink ANY fluids except for milk. He didn't eat dinner the night before or drink/eat at all this morning so we got him a pop so that he could have SOMETHING in his stomach. If there was no change within 2 hours then we'd have to take him to the hospital. Fortunately, 30 minutes after gravol kicked in he was already started to feel better. He drank and ate like crazy afterward. Right now he's napping so I hope this is just a few hours thing. It wasn't nice seeing my little boy so sick and helpless :( So glad he's getting better!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear that Connor is doing better! Food poisoning sucks! Glad that the doc suggested Connor to take gravol instead of IV...because I didn't think he would like the needles in his little veins :S Whatever I got food poisoning, I ended up with IVs and gravol as well. So that's nice to know next time we could help kids with gravol if they were constantly vomiting. For sure, always check out with doctors first before taking gravol :)
Glad that he liked the pop :D
~N~