I got to have a couple of my favorite foods - cheesecake by my Gramma and Kuchen cookies (German deep-fried dough) with watermelon by my Mom. They are the BEST!!
I had intended to take a picture of the cheesecake dessert BEFORE I started eating but of course I forgot and remembered while eating the cake halfway. Mmmmm.

German Kuchen Dough - GREAT with watermelon!
Connor warmed up to being sociable in the last couple of days. Just in time before we leave ;) This morning we visited one of my family friend that I grew up with. Connor had a BLAST with her boys. He just played, played and played inside and outside with them. He didn't want to leave. Aww. Connor LOVED this big truck and kept on pushing it down the road and back. Check out the video.
Tonight is our last night in Vanderhoof :( We will most likely not be back until next Summer - probably just me and the little boys. Tomorrow we have a Deaf/Interpreter/Teachers, etc reunion and then we will be heading back to PG for the night at Dorena and Michael's house. Sunday we fly back home! We are really looking forward to seeing our new floor and paint in the condo. They won't have enough time to install the lino this time but I'm sure it'll look great! Can't wait :D
Before I forget, my cousin Ryan and her girlfriend Shelly had a baby girl this morning!!! Congratulations to them!!!
Here's a couple photos to end off with. A view of Vanderhoof from our hotel room (I took it too late at night but you can see the pretty sunset) and Connor fooling around in his playpen before his bedtime.
2 comments:
That's so funny seeing the video and Connor's hanging down in the playpen :D
Saw your sweet pictures of Gramma's cheesecake and German dough that made me drool!!! I really liked the German dough with watermelon a lot. It was really cool to try different culture food. You know??? I am so looking forward to see your renovated home, except lino ;) Jason and Lala are so lucky to sleep over at your new place :D Maybe you could take some pictures??? :D
In addition, thank you so much for letting Lala and Jason to sleep over before her surgery :D
God bless and miss you oxox,
Nani
No problem about Jason and Lala! It'll be fun to have them over. Connor would love it and Brendan of course to watch Transformers *rolls eyes* haha JK. I'll take some video and pictures of the place once it's organized! LOve you!!
Post a Comment