Julie, the cleansing woman, sent me a few recipes, and I thought this was a great one. You can use it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It has SO MUCH nutrients in it.
10 Grain
Ingredients;
- Brown Rice
- Thai Black Rice
- Millet
- Wheat (can be substituted for Quinoa)
- Buck Wheat
- Oat
- Oat Meal
- Barley
- Fox-nut (usually found in china-town)
- Lotus Seed (usually found in china-town)
Benefits;
Lowers cholesterol, reduces skin disease, lowers blood pressure, purifies the blood, lowers type II diabetes, relieves constipation, promotes regular bowel movements, stops inflammation, reduces anxiety, reduces gout, prevents colon cancer, strokes, and heart disease.
Contains;
Fiber, Vitamins A, B Complex (B1, B2, B6, B9, B12), Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Enzymes, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Magnesium
Preparation;
Measure 1 cup of grain mixture to 4-5 cups of water
Soak mixture for 2-8 hours
Using the water it has been soaking in, bring to boil for 5 minutes
Continue to cook at low or medium heat until soft (thickness of mixture can be adjusted by adding more water if desired)
Notes;
To add some flavour and/or sweetness add dried apricots, cranberries, raisins, any other desired dried fruit before serving.
Ideal for breakfast
Add as a side to dinners with fish or chicken
I also clarified on if we were supposed to mix all the ingredients together and this was what she said...
"For the 10 grains you mix them all together. I usually get about 1/2 cup of each grain and then put them all together in a container, then scoop however much you want each time. The reason you soak them 2-8hrs prior to cooking is because all grains have a different cooking time, but when they are soaked then they all cook in the same amount of time."
3 comments:
Wow it is very healthy and nutritious! I should try that soon. I mostly ate oatmeal for breakfast. It would be a good change for my breakfast routine :) Thank you for giving us the 10 grain recipe! :D Gotta make good delicious breakfasts to keep tummy happy all long day :)
~N~
By the way, do you have a Chinatown in Courtenay??? I don't know if I have one in Nanaimo. It won't hurt to explore for a Chinese store :)
~N~
Thanks Nani! I don't think we have one but I'll have to look around and see where we could find those seeds! Julie said it was ok if we couldn't find them...
Post a Comment