Monday, November 2, 2009

Lincoln's 4 Weeks Check-Up

I feel so behind in updating my blog! Life got busy but that's OK because I am loving it.

Last Wednesday was Lincoln's 4 weeks check up. He did fantastic. He gained 20 ounces in 2 weeks so he is now 10 pounds and 2.5 ounces. Probably more now since it has been 5 days since the appointment. Lincoln has been spitting up quite a bit but the doctor wasn't concerned about it. As long as he is gaining he is fine. The spitting up is probably from overeating. The doctor called him oinky piggy. Haha. The next appointment is on November 17th and that will be for both Lincoln and myself. It will be the last appointment - a check up for me and a final one for Lincoln.

Lincoln has been growing so much in the last few weeks. He wakes up every 3-4 hours. Sometimes he would wake up every 4.5 and 5 hours but not often. He doesn't have a sleep routine just yet. We try to keep him awake few hours before the evening. Sometimes it's successful. Sometimes not. Connor started sleeping through the night at 2 months old but he was drinking formula and breast milk at the same time. With Lincoln, it's just breast milk. I am guessing that it will take Lincoln a bit longer to have a good sleep routine. I can't wait for when the day arrives that I can sleep all through the night without waking up for feeding :)

As you know, H1N1 has been going around. It's pretty crazy. There has been a lot of debates on whether a person should get vaccinated or not. We decided to get them. We just don't want to risk passing it onto Lincoln. We were planning on getting it tomorrow but apparently they are short on vaccines so only kids between 6 months and 5 years old can get them. A couple weeks later we'll be able to get them. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long in the line!

Check back for one last update on Lincoln in couple of weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Lincoln is growing so fast. His weight passed Ellie's weight! Lol...I guess boys are weighing more than girls??? So glad that he is doing well.
Love that little Monk :D
~n~