Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lincoln and Mommy's Final Appointment

Lincoln and I had our final doctor's appointment this afternoon. It went really well. Lincoln is now 11lbs and 3 ounces. He is also 24.4 inches long. The doctor thought he was a big boy and doing just great. She examined me and everything looked good except for that my blood pressure was still a bit high. Since this was our last appointment with the maternity clinic we are being transferred back to our family doctor. The doctor recommended me to have the family doctor monitor my blood pressure every time I take Lincoln in for check-up. By the time Lincoln is 4 months old my blood pressure should return to normal. Let's hope it does!

At home Lincoln is doing well. He still wakes up once or twice a night for feeding. He gets a bit gassy/colic from time to time but we are able to ease his discomforts most of the time. I think he is growing some hair but very slowly. Lincoln is becoming much more aware and smiling so much. He started smiling at 5 weeks and he loves it. He loves it when we talk to him. Connor is still adapting to Lincoln and wants individual attention but otherwise he's been good to Lincoln. Lincoln also has good strength in his muscles. He lifts his head/neck pretty well and likes to be on his stomach for a short period of time.

Lincoln's family doctor appointment and 2 months shots are next. Poor Lincoln! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow he is over 11 lbs! He is growing so fast! Ellie is probably at 11 lbs.
I am surprised that your blood is a bit high still...I thought it would go away by time when Lincoln was born. Let us know how you are doing :)
Hugs, Nani