Friday, September 18, 2009

38 Weeks Update

I just got back from my 38 weeks maternity appointment. It went well. They examined me this time. My cervix is already thinned and the doctor could feel the baby's head. It's all ready to come out! The doctor said to not be surprised if the baby comes soon. Yay :)

I haven't gained or lost any weight in the last week. My tummy size is now 40 cm = 40 weeks. The baby's heartbeat was at 140 bpm.

I asked more questions about Group Strep B. Generally, they reassured me that they will do everything they can to minimize the chance of baby contracting it. The second I break my water or have regular contractions, they want me at the hospital ASAP.

Short update this time. Next appointment is on September 25th.

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you might be in labour early next week??? That would be so cool if our babies' birthdays are close...imagine on the same day on Monday (21st)??? That would be so bizarre!!! Lol.

You both are in my prayers to have a safe delivery. I know that Strep B sounds awful...be postive and you will be surrounded with doctors and nurses. :D

If your water breaks, who would take you to the hospital right away??? Taxi??? I hope your mom would take you in time if the baby comes a bit later???

Love you xoxo and cannot wait to meet your newest son!!! :D

Love N

Jojo said...

Thanks Nani!

The doctor reassured me that they will do everything they can so I feel better about that :D

If no one is here I will be taking the taxi but Dorena and Michael will be back here tonight and they are staying until Thursday morning and THEN my Mom arrives on Thursday NOON for couple of weeks. Works out great :D

It is going to be so interesting to see how close our babies are born together!! So cool! He he. Can't wait to meet yours too!

Love ya!
Jojo

Jeannie said...

Thinking of you Jolene - good luck!