Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's a BOY!

Yes! It's a boy!! Yay!!

I had two different ultrasound appointments this week. One was on Thursday and one was today. The one on Thursday was just a follow-up with measurements that they couldn't get a couple of weeks ago since the baby wouldn't move. To my surprise - my experience for this ultrasound went VERY WELL! The technician was very detailed and explained what was what. The whole ultrasound lasted about 40 minutes. The baby was also very active so I got to see a lot of the baby. The neat part was when I actually saw him kick and I felt it! So cute!! At the end the technician asked me if I wanted to know the gender. I was surprised to hear that because at that lab they told us that we wouldn't know until 26 weeks and I said YES! She said that it looked like a boy but wouldn't say FOR SURE. We had already made an appointment for 3-D ultrasound today to find out the gender so we would know for sure then. When I told Brendan the possibility of it being boy he was really excited!!! It'll be great for Connor to have a little brother :)

Today's 3-D ultrasound ended up to be a bit of a disappointment. Yes, we got to confirm that the baby was a boy but the ultrasound's experience/service was not what we expected. Apparently, the picture of the baby isn't that clear until a few weeks later and we didn't know that. We couldn't really get a clear picture of the face/body, etc. We still got a print out which I will post below. For the price of the service we didn't think it was worth it but at least we know for the future. Here's a picture of the 3-D ultrasound today. Click on the picture to make it bigger.

It's really nice knowing the gender so I can work on the kids room and figure out a name for him! Can't wait to meet this little guy :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so exciting!!! :) nice that you KNOW now how to decorate the room!! 2 boys! :) love ya!
Dor

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I cannot wait to meet your newborn son this fall :D
~N~