Saturday, October 9, 2010

Overwhelmed


This afternoon after working on one of my Simply Accounting assignment I was starting to feel mentally exhausted. I came out to the living room and told Brendan that I was feeling so worn out. I have been literally doing school work, working, being a Mother and a house wife 7 days a week. There was signs in the last week that I needed a break SO BAD from everything.

After some convincing from Brendan, I agreed to him that I would lay down and get some sleep this afternoon. I ended up sleeping for a couple of hours and I felt so much better afterward. I still had no desire to get back to my school work so I decided to take the rest of the day off. Knowing me, that`s a hard thing to do because I like to stay ahead in school work and get things done around the house. However, so far, my body and mind has been enjoying it. My plans for tonight is to make chocolate and strawberries then kick back with either bath or a movie with some wine.
Recently, I`ve taken up 2 more contracts for work. Work has been very enteraining for me. Mainly because I get to make a difference in the family that I teach to and I get to have time to myself away from the house. School work is going very well, I`m not behind but I like to stay ahead so I may expect a bit too much out of myself.
Brendan is giving me the chance to go away by myself for few days in December after this school`s semester ends so I am very grateful for that. I am very thankful for great support from my wonderful family and friends. I love you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I feel you... I'm overwhelmed too.. so glad you took the day off school work and slept and relaxed with a movie and chocolate strawberries..
You're awesome and keep aside some time for yourself.. (I need to do the same!)
love ya! - Dor

Anonymous said...

I agree with Dorena's comment. Sometimes you feel needing to be recharge...go sleep, go bathing, or drinking vino and watching your fav shows! :D As a mother, it can be very challenging and overwhelming...but if I am not a happy person...my family will be not happy. So I treat myself to nap while Ellie's napping or taking a bath for half an hour to an hour. It's worth it! So relaxing and refreshing then go back on duty ;)
Love you,
N