
Connor and I had our dentist appointments today. It was Connor`s first and my first in MANY YEARS. Oppss!
We left both boys at Nana and Bubba`s while Brendan interpreted for me at my appointment. The dentist commented that I had a beautiful teeth (YAY!) BUT after examining my gums. He said I had some gum diease from not flossing. Yikes! I almost never floss but after learning about gum dieases that I never knew about I am going to be flossing from now on. I had no cavities but I have some tartar build up and it took half of my teeth to clean it all off. I still have to go back for another appointment to clean the other half. The scraping wasn`t nice at all. Lots of bleeding. :( One of my teeth is sensitive and that is where the gum disease is. That will be a reminder for me to floss.
As for Connor, he did FANASTIC!! Brendan and I had thought he would freak out because he doesn`t like being touched by others. But nope, while I was sitting in the chair being scraped away Nana dropped Connor off. Brendan took Connor in to the dentist office and he just went right on the chair. The dentist and assitant were explaining to him and showing him all the tools. He was very interested! Free toothbrush, stickers and playing with buses - not bad in exchange for getting his teeth checked out :) The whole thing only lasted for 30 minutes and his teeth was clean. Connor won`t mind seeing them again in a year :)
I totally forgot to bring my camera so I couldn`t take pictures of his first dentist trip!
2 comments:
That's great that Connor had no problem with his first time dentist and assistant! :D That's neat!
Yes it is very important to floss teeth a lot. I learnt that from my elementary school. I saw a really gross picture of a patient who had severe gum disease. So everybody (me included) in my class were speechless and dumbfounded. Ever since seeing the nightmarish picture, I floss my teeth as much as I can. Scary???
However, I am glad that you are reminded to floss your teeth more often.
Love you girl,
N
Yes, for sure!! I saw those pictures when I was young too but you know how it happens when you don`t think it would happen to YOU!! LOL!!
I have been flossing everyday since the appointment and my gums are starting to look more pink! Nice!!
Post a Comment