Remember my post about life balances in March? Recently I have felt that my life balance between family, friends, work and school had been out of whack. About a month ago, I feeling VERY stressed and sad that I wasn't spending as much time as I'd like with my boys. I felt like I was neglecting them and not being the mother I should/want to be. I talked to my teacher and she said I could postpone a course to the Fall but I would still finish a few more courses before June 11th. I was scared of what other people would think of me as a failure. I was also scared that I would regret it if I quit the program. So, I decided to keep on going and keep on trying.

In the last 1-2 months I have broken down so upset twice. It was almost like everything was overwhelming and that I couldn't keep things in control. Connor has missed 3 weeks worth of daycare in the last couple of months due to illness on both sides. Life in general has been keeping me very busy. Appointments for the family, house building, tending to the boys, part-time work (only 1 day a week), and friends.
In the last few days, I have come to a realization that my priorities have changed. I WANT to be there for my boys. I WANT to spend more time with my friends. I WANT to focus on my work. I WANT to have a LIFE. I realized that it's extremely difficult to do that during the early years of the boys. I realized that I can wait to finish the program at a later date. I would like to think that I didn't fail but rather that I was strong enough to let it go to focus on more important things.
Happiness is the most important thing to me. I believe that it's important for myself and the family to keep an eye on our happiness. As long as I am happy with being able to be a Mother and work part-time I think I will be fine. There will always be changes and we will adapt to the changes to make sure we're happy. I may want to finish my program and I will do that when I feel right and ready. I might even do 1 course at a time. I still have to talk to my teachers so we'll see what they have to say.
I think I am a little disappointed but mostly because I had the expectation that I would complete the program in June. Although, I feel like there has been a HUGE weight off my shoulders and I feel a lot more relaxed. I also feel more excited about being more of a Mom to my boys and a wife to my husband. Few hours of work per week is for myself and I hope that will be enough :) I'm sure it will be. We'll find out and if it isn't we'll do something about it :) I'm very grateful to have a husband who lets me do whatever needs to be done to keep everything balanced in life.
So, yeah that's the story. I should be back to blogging again!!
4 comments:
You are never a failure honey!! You are a huge success!!
All your boys love you very much!
xoxoxo
-Brendan
Awww that's EXACT right Brendan is! You are not failure at all...only you can do it any time in any year you want to finish your program :) Funny...we are in late 20s and we probably feel pressured like to finish all programs we should do before we become 30 years old...but that's okay because we have MANY MANY MANY years to live...school can wait...children cannot stop growing so enjoy their lives everyday. Cherish them forever. Balancing your life is only way to keep you sanely.
Jojo, I love you xoxo! You are the best! Cannot wait to spend more time with you :D
Love Nani
Aww Jolene you are growing up. It is so hard sometimes to set priorities and know if you are making the right decisions. But I can tell you are making the right decisions and you are not the only one to have the feeling that you do. I felt the same also. We all do. But always remember you are a gift from heaven and we all love you no matter what you decide. I am so grateful you have the love and support of Brendan, this is very important. It makes life so much easier when you have your soulmate stand beside you! I love you and wish the very best for you two. I miss you dearly and look forward to seeing you this summer. give the boys a big hug and kiss for me. love auntie sheshe
Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate it very much. It really helps me feel better about my decision. I still feel good about it. Thank you!!
Love Jojo
Post a Comment