Friday, May 14, 2010

Five Years Anniversary

Wow. Has it really been 5 years? Time just absolutely flies. We've had some challenges but we've had precious moments. Thank you Brendan for sticking by my side even if things has been the hardest or the greatest. You're the best and I look forward to growing old with you.

I woke up this morning and tended to the boys while creating a breakfast masterpiece for Brendan who was still sleeping. I made ham, cheese, and red onions omelet, peanut butter/honey toasts, soy yogurt, coffee with some chocolate. I took the breakfast up to him and he was quite surprised!! I left him to enjoy his breakfast while I got the kids ready.
The kids and I went over to a friend's house for a play date. The kids had a blast. I enjoyed time with Chrissie. Brendan enjoyed some alone time. I took the kids back home and fed them lunch and got them ready for nap time.

Brendan took me to shops on the 5th street. They're awesome shops!! Love them. He told me that he wanted to get me a necklace and wanted us both to pick it out. I was so excited!! I have never had a boyfriend or husband (until now) that ever bought me a necklace. We looked at a shop after another and another. After about 4 shops I was starting to lose hope so we went to this last shop. I fell in love with the shop.Brendan and I looked at some pendants and we both instantly said "THIS ONE!!" We were thinking of the EXACT same pendant. It was just awesome. I knew it was the one. We looked at necklaces to go with it and found the right size and got them both!!

Let me explain what the pendant means. It's all sterling silver with amber in it. Amber is a fossilized tree sap, from 35-40 million years ago. It's often found in colors of brown, orange, yellow but rarely with white and red. Egyptians would describe amber as "Store of life and health." The Romans believed that contact with amber guaranteed a youthful look. Today the healing power of amber is incorporated into many cultures. Amber is prized for its beauty and healing ability.

Mine has brown, orange and red. I symbol red as Brendan because he's "rare" to find and he has red hair :) I symbol yellow as Connor and myself because we both have blonde hair. I symbol Lincoln as brown because his hair is brown. There is also a little speck on the small yellow and I symbol it as a flaw because no relationship is ever perfect. I love it.

Afterward, we went to Reitman to find a shirt to match my skirt that I wanted to wear to my anniversary dinner and to my cousins wedding in July. Found it and looked great!

We went to Black Fin Restaurant and had a wonderful time. My dinner was just OK. Had lamb but it was on a leg so it was breaking apart a lot. Brendan's dinner was yummy. Burgers! We also had oysters. Good good. I had really good Mud Pie Dessert.

Headed to Nymph Falls where we got married for a very nice walk and scenery. Man, it always brings back lots of memories. Great memories!! We are now ending off with some wine tonight that my parents in law got us for our anniversary! Mmm.


Thank you Brendan soooo much for the greatest anniversary day!! I enjoyed myself SO MUCH with you!!

Love you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Awesome pictures of you both!!! Love you both! :D So happy that you both had amazing times together. THe necklace is so beautiful and meaningful! :) Very thoughtful! :)
I really love the picture of you both standing on the rock where you were married 5 years ago!!! I love it! :D Plus...wow you look so beautiful in a lovely dress!!! So classy! :D
God bless you both. XOxo!

Love Nani