Monday, January 18, 2010

Over the Hedge Daycare

Starting February 1st Connor will be attending daycare at Over the Hedge

Brendan will be busy and I will be continuing to do school full-time. Lincoln will be at home with me.

We wanted Connor to have as much attention as possible. Interacting with other kids is a bonus. We think that he will enjoy the daycare a lot. I'm going to be worrying about him for the first bit for sure but I think he'll be having a blast.

We found this daycare through craigslist and we went for a visit to view the daycare and meet the woman. We were impressed with everything. Her place was very clean and Connor instantly felt comfortable and played with the toys. He even opened the fridge and looked for some milk. What a guy. They also have a big backyard so Connor can go outside and play. Niki's (Child Care Provider) theory is to have more like a family environment rather than being too strict about him doing different activities. I really liked this idea because he is still quite young and it would be like if he was at home with us.

This is a picture of the playroom. Just an example.. there's more areas but just to give you an idea.


This is the backyard. Very nice huh!


The GREAT NEWS is that we got accepted for Child Care Subsidy! I thought we would have to pay a portion for child care payment but they are actually going to pay for all of it. We are thrilled and very grateful!! It's good for 3 months and then we have to resubmit new information and they will review to see if we are eligible to continue.

I will keep you updated on how Connor does at daycare next month. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. It'll be great for him :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's awesome! Connor will have a good time hanging out at the Daycare :) I am wondering...is it full time for Connor from Monday to Friday? So time will go faster for you both to do schooling and other stuff :)
~N~

Jojo said...

He will be going Monday to Friday from 8am to 1230pm!! He naps in the afternoon so we didn't think it was necessary for him to stay at daycare when we can pick him up and have him nap at home. So nervous about him going but I know it'll be good for him!!! :D