Sunday, November 18, 2007

Where has time gone?!

Another week has gone by! It seems like time is flying by soo fast.

We all had a good week - nothing too exciting or boring. On November 15th Brendan and I have gone out for 4 years. We went to White Spot with Connor with the gift certificate that I won at pumpkin carving contest. We traditionally go to White Spot every year so it worked out well. Usually I would order Chicken Cesar Wrap but I ordered steak with prawns this time! It was sooooo good! Brendan had turkey dinner. MMMmmm. Connor just had some good ole milk :P Connor was enjoying looking around and getting some attention from people in his over sized highchair :P I also had Kahlua/Bailey milkshake and oh my... it was soo good. Brendan had Cesar and Mango Madness drinks but he said it was just ok. We also had Zucchini for appetizers. We ordered nothing for dessert because I was planning to have dipped chocolate strawberries with my favorite show - Ugly Betty later that evening. At the end of the show I think I ate too much strawberries/chocolates because I felt bloated. Blah.. next time I'll make less because if I see strawberries/chocolates sitting there - I gotta eat them all! :P

On Friday we heard from the Dr. about Connor's monthly urine sample result. There was good/bad news about it. Apparently there was some white cells (most likely from poop) in the urine. I am supposed to give him a bath and clean his area as well foreskin, etc... before taking an urine sample. I have done all those stuff and yet it still showed some in the urine. I then realized later that I use the same cloth cleaning in bath and cleaning his area so the poop must've gotten on the cloth so from now on I am using new cloth at separate cleanings. Hopefully that will help with next month's urine testing. The good news was that - apparently there isn't any infection shown in his urine!!!!! We are thrilled. At first I was confused because we just had a Children's Hospital test and it showed that he had infection. We called them back and asked for clarification. They said that the infection can clear up that quick so that was a surprise for us. However, we are still supposed to meet with the urologist and continue with medication as well testings. I am hoping for some more good news in the future and that it doesn't come back!!! Yahooo!

Connor had an allergy reaction last week. He got red patches and bumps all over his arms and knees. I couldn't understand why he got them. I thought maybe it had something to do with his infection since we found this before we knew about the infection being gone. We called the nurse hot line to figure out what is going on. They thought that maybe Connor was having a reaction to the medication since it usually takes awhile for babies to have reaction to medication. We were supposed to take him to the doctor after the phone call but we called Brendan's mom and asked for her opinion. She thought maybe it was a heat rash since he may have been too close to the fireplace that morning. What didn't make sense was that he had the rash again later that afternoon. The red patches kept on coming and going on his body. So we decided to wait until the next day and see if it goes away since he would be away from the heat. Unfortunately Connor still had the patches but it kept on going away after it appeared for an hour. I tried to figure out what it could be. I then realized that after I used up the laundry soap I switched to a new laundry soap. The new laundry soap didn't have "hypoallergenic" even though it said it had gentle care for babies. I realized that the laundry soaps that Brendan's Mom got us when Connor was born was hypoallergenic. The thing was I couldn't remember what clothes, blankets, sheets, etc I washed the new soap with :/ So I rewashed with hot water and extra rinse EVERYTHING!!!!! It took me two days to do the laundry. Good enough - Connor's red patches went away... it came back for a short time with small patches on his arm but ever since he hasn't had any reaction so it has to be the laundry soap. We got a new hypoallergenic soap. Jeez - that guy keeps on giving us some scares! I didn't know that being a Mother comes with sooooooooo much worrying!!!

Connor is a machine at rolling!! He flips just like that. He rolled twice in a row so I found him far away from his mat. So funny. I think he is trying to sign but I can't really make out what he is trying to say. He has moved onto 9-12 months clothes. I think that's pretty much of what's happening with Connor.

Brendan has been extremely busy with schoolwork but he is doing great. He volunteered at school yesterday evaluating people's portfolios at the open house. It is amazing that Brendan went to an open house 2-3 years ago and now he is almost finished his final year! He is making 1-2 connections with companies in Vancouver so that will be great for when he graduates and gets a job.

I'm keeping busy as a Mom. I'm continuing to love it as each day goes by. It's amazing and rewarding being a Mom. At some times it may be challenging but most of the time it's great. I finally got to start scrap booking again yesterday and I forgot how much I enjoyed it so much. I am going to try and distant myself from using the computer while Connor is napping and use most of it for housekeeping as well my hobbies such as scrap booking and crocheting.

My Mom and Al is coming next weekend. I'm soooo excited. Connor gets to see his Gramma! How funnnn. Can't wait!!!

Have a wonderful week!

Love Mommy

No comments: