Connor had a doctor's appointment on Thursday to find out the results from the Children's Hospital test. Unfortunately, the infection is still there. Connor has "stage 3" infection which means that he is infected in the tubes that run from bladder to kidney as well some kidney. At stage 4 he would need surgery and stage 5 is the worst. Connor has to continue taking his medications to prevent the infection from getting worse. The doctor referred us to a specialist - urologist (urinary tract doctor). We will be getting a phone call for an appointment with the urologist and then we will be doing another test. He/she will create a plan and go from there. Connor will have to take another test at Children's Hospital a few months later as well.
I found out that someone had a similar case as Connor's. A friend's friend's daughter had the exact same problem as Connor. She got it at 3 months old and now she is 3 years old. The infection had just started to go away. Surgery was planned for her but at the last minute it finally started to go away. I really hope that it doesn't last that long for Connor. I would hope for the best but I am happy that the infection isn't bothering Connor. He is still happy and active so that is great. Connor looks so healthy on the outside and it's hard to imagine that there is an infection in him.
Other than the infection the doctor discovered that Connor had a little bit of heart murmur. She reassured me that it was common and not to worry. It would be just nice if Connor was ALLLLL HEALTHY but not everything can be perfect. Stuff like this just worries me a lot because he is my little boy.
AND Connor has been having some constipation problems. The doctor asked me some questions and she agreed that Connor had constipation problems so she told me to give Connor apple/prune drink everyday. I have been giving it to him for the last two days and I am not sure if I am seeing some changes but I am giving it few more days. The doctor said that if there wasn't any changes that I'd go back and see her.
Now ... onto the good stuff! :D
Brendan, Connor and I went swimming for the first time as a family!!! It was Connor's first time too. It was an exciting event. We went to the Lynn Valley pool on Friday afternoon before all the kids get out of school. I think I was the most excited person out of Connor and Brendan haha. When we first introduced Connor to water he seemed laid back about it just like his baths! He just relaxed while he floated on his back (with my support of course!) and played with a ball. We also went into a warmer water and he seemed to enjoy it. I think he is going to enjoy swimming. He didn't show too much excitement but when he gets older I think he will become more excited. He cannot do much right now but later on he'll do more :) Here's some pictures!

Mommy had a day out with her friend - Chrissie on Saturday. Connor stayed home with Daddy all day. It was really nice because I got to have some quality time with Chrissie. I hadn't seen her since August. We went shopping. I didn't buy too much except for Value Village. I bought a whole bunch for Connor and Brendan. We went to Mrs. Richie's for dinner. That restaurant is sooooooo good! MMMmmm! It was a good day - just a girls thing :)

So yeah - that's the good stuff of this week. Today we are just relaxing and looking forward to another week! Have a good one :D
Love Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment