Connor had an appointment with the family doctor last Wednesday to talk about his soft spot on his head as well to discuss about his infection since our doctor doesn't know what is happening. Unfortunately, our Dr. didn't get the reports from the hospital so she had to call the hospital for them to be faxed to her. Only ultrasound results were faxed. I told her about everything including all the tests we've done. She didn't seem concerned about Connor's soft spot but to keep an eye out on Connor to make sure that he doesn't get infection again. The weird thing was that she was talking about bladder infection AND mild ecoli virus in kidney so I was a little bit confused. Maybe it's all the same thing? It was hard to ask her all the questions I wanted to ask because sometimes my mind would go "busy" then "blank" and the Dr. would sometimes seem a little bit rushed to head out to the next appointment. The Dr. said that the infection would most likely come back so we'd have to watch Connor. Blah! The Dr. also said that Connor seemed to be doing really well so that is all what's important. The Dr. said that she would get back to me after receiving all the test results and all that. Brendan's parents got a phone call from the office for us to go in for another appointment on Saturday the 29th at 3pm so I decided to bring Brendan along that way he'd help me with all the questions.
On the brighter side, last Thursday Connor had a play date with two boys. We went to Lonsdale Quay where there was a ball playroom for the two boys aged 4 and 2. They were shy at first but towards the end they loved Connor. Sooo cute. They had a lot of fun so that was good. Soon enough Connor will be able to join them and play! Anne - the mother of the two boys told me a few different places where I could take Connor to such as petting zoo and Aquarium. It sounds like a lot of fun! I cannot wait to take Connor to these places.
Later that night I went out for dinner with a friend of mine from my hometown so that was really nice. Getting out of the house and spending time with a friend by myself is really nice. No offense Daddy & son! Hehe. As always, I miss them but at the same time - you appreciate them even more when you are away for a bit.
Friday, Connor got some more attention from another friend of mine - Heidi. She came over for an hour or so and played with Connor as well chatted for a bit. Lucky Connor.
This doesn't stop... Connor got even more attention on Saturday! Eliana and Lily came over from the island to visit. I made this elegant lunch for them. I was in the mood of making something nice so I made chickpea and ham salad, gnocchi, naan pita bread and cheesecake for dessert! They really enjoyed their lunch. By the time lunch was over Connor woke up from his nap. Eliana and Lily spent sometime with him but not too much since he had to be fed so that we could go to the appointment. The 5 of us went to the appointment and it took longer than we expected. Apparently, there was a confusion with the appointment itself. The Dr. didn't understand why we were there again. We eventually found out that Brendan's parents misunderstood the message from the sectary at the office. The Dr. meant for the message to go like this "This is the Dr. calling and it is 3pm right now and they don't need to come into the office" or something like that. Whoops. They STILL didn't have the reports in but that's okay she already left a note with the Pedertican that was working with Connor and for her to take over with this situation so that is good. We have an appointment with the Pedertican on the 4th and we will probably have more information then. That is one of the reasons I like Brendan to come with me that way we BOTH will receive information and make sure it's accurate. AND that is why we wouldn't mind a cell phone sometime!
The day continued with some more visit with Eliana and Lily. We spent sometime at the mall. Us girls went to Old Navy. I absolutely LOVE that store! You always find some good sales there. I managed to find a really nice casual pant for 7 bucks (37 bucks reg)! AND a new jacket (not suitable for winter though) for 25 bucks (50 bucks reg!). Brendan was feeding Connor while we were shopping so that worked out well :P Afterwards it was almost time for the girls to leave back to Nanaimo. Awww.. time flewww by. We went inside the mall and I got something to eat and the girls left to the bus stop. Brendan, Connor and I headed back to Walmart to pick up a few items and went home.
I found out today that Eliana and Lily caught the wrong bus and found themselves in downtown! A big opps! Haha. Fortunately, they made the ferry :)
So yeah - that's what happened this week. Today we are just going to CHILL at home and do some housework.
Have a good week!
Love Jojo
No comments:
Post a Comment