I don't update on the blog much, as Jolene is great at doing that - but I figured I would support her last update by telling you about changing Lincoln's diaper last night.
Jolene had finished feeding Lincoln at about 9:15 - so it's my job to change his diaper while Jolene goes to sleep. I put Lincoln down and began to change his diaper.
Let the gong show begin.
I take off his diaper and things are a bit messy - so I proceed to clean him up, his response is to commence with EXPLOSIVE diarrhea all over my right hand and lower arm. I run to the bathroom (Lincoln is in a safe place in case you're wondering) and wash my hand and arm off with soap. Then I rush back to finish changing Lincoln and am greeted by a puddle and a sprinkler going off in the middle of the floor. I rush over to try and clean up the newly soaked area of the floor as well as dry off Lincoln, who also managed to soak himself and his PJ.
After I finally dry off Lincoln, I get him a new PJ and change him. I put him down, but he is not happy. I figure I would try and burp him again - to see if that helps. I pick him up and pat his back for a while - nothing. So I put him back in the crib - the instant he touches the crib he projectile vomits all over his sheets. So I take him out of the crib and change his sheets. I put him back but he's still not happy. So I try and burp him again. This time I don't need to put him back down - he vomits all over my back. So I take off my shirt, get a new clean on and put down a *finally* content Lincoln back into the crib. I guess having dropped one pound of fluids he felt that he could call it a day and finally sleep...
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The joys of fatherhood..... :)
Glad that you can laugh/not be embarrassed about a situation like that.........because we love reading about the adventures that make parenting worth while :)
Love you guys!
Ooooh Brendan! I cannot help it but laugh while reading your detailed blog. Wow you are really good at describing the unforgetable night of Lincoln. I applaude to your patience and bravery to keep Lincoln a happy baby.
The Maass Family's comment was right...making our parenting worth while.
Thank you Bren for your time writing the blog. I have to show Jason this blog when he comes back from work :)
~Nani~
Post a Comment