In Mid-Dec we went to Comox for a week to visit Brendan's family. We all had a great time visiting our friends and family. Every time we go to Comox we miss the town. Hopefully we will be able to move back there someday. We had a turkey dinner with Brendan's family since they weren't able to make it to the mainland for Christmas with us.
Christmas was wonderful. It was just Brendan, Connor and myself. It was very different because we usually spend it with one of our parents but I really liked it. Now that we have Connor it's neat having Christmas with just us as a family. Connor had so much fun with putting all the wrapping papers in his mouth. So funny! The day was spent relaxing except for one event that scared us. I took apart a toy for connor and there was pieces of wire that snapped off and I thought I found all of it but a few minutes later I found Connor's spit near a wire. We freaked out and thought that he might've swallowed the wire. We called Brendan's mom and the nurse hot line but they seemed to think Connor would be ok if he had no symptoms. If the wire wasn't bigger than 3 cm that it would be ok. We watched him for the next day and he was ok. Of course we vacuumed the place and next time when we do those kind of stuff... it'd be far far away from Connor :) Children do really worry us a lot!
For the remaining of the holiday we had a few visitors over. Dorena and Michael came over for New Years Eve and their company was really enjoyable. Unfortunately I got sick for a few days so I wasn't too of a great host but we still had a good time. A friend of mine from Calfornia, Mayumi came to visit as well and it was great seeing her. She signed soooo well because she is attending Deaf studies and ASL program so she hangs out with the Deaf community all the time. We had some good chats :)
Unfortunately we received a couple of bad news just before Brendan went back to school. A friend of mine who was also my old interpreter passed away on Jan 1st. I went to the funeral on Saturday the 5th in Nanaimo. It was very beautiful yet emotional. After the funeral I headed back to North Vancouver only to discover that my good friend Eliana had to undergo an emergency surgery. I was really worried about her that evening but the surgery turned out well so I was relieved. The next day on Sunday Brendan, Connor and I went to the hospital in Nanaimo to visit her. Eliana was really happy to see Connor and it made her night so that was really special to see. She is doing just great and recovering well.
Brendan went back to school on Monday the 7th. He was excited about going back to school because it meant that he was much closer to finishing school and moving on to getting a job. Brendan felt that the holidays may have been a little bit too busy and I agree with him. Now that the holidays are over things seem more calm.
Connor is doing wonderful. Over the holidays two of his bottom teeth came up and he has been trying to crawl. He pretty much has the idea of crawling but isn't all over the place just yet. He likes to roll sometimes to get to one spot and another. He can go from sitting up and then to his knee and hands or from knee to hands to sitting up. It's so neat watching him learn and grow like that. Connor hasn't learned more sign yet - I keep on showing him some signs but he looks away most of the time so I am thinking it'll be awhile before he signs a few words! It's probably because he is at the stage when he likes to look around and look away from Mommy! Haha. Brendan weighed Connor yesterday and he is now 22 pounds. I'm not sure what his height is. I don't know when we will be going back to the doctor for check up. On the 21st we have an appointment with urologist regarding Connor's infection. We also have to make an appointment for Connor's next set of shots. No fun...
Let me see if I can find some pictures to post on here. Have a wonderful 2008!
Love Mommy.
One day after Connor's nap we found him with his legs stuck between the bars. We couldn't help it but laugh! :P
Connor's first ornament. Brendan picked it out. It's a teddy bear fisherman with a fishing pole!
A happy boy on Christmas Eve!

Having so much fun on Christmas Day!

Snuggling with his Auntie Nani in the hospital!
Bath time fun with his new toys!
1 comment:
Love it...he is getting so big....he looks so happy though to...that is always a good sign :)
Post a Comment