We have had an eventful week filled with fun! Connor enjoyed some company and time with his Mommy and Daddy.
On Thursday Connor and I went to Kitsilano to visit Heidi for dinner. Heidi was happy to see Connor since she hadn't seen him for a while and had noticed that Connor grew since she saw him last. She made us really nice salad to go with peanut sauce that I made. She also had chicken pie for us. MMMmmmm so good. We had some good chat but didn't stay too long since it took us an hour back home and it would be past Connor's bedtime.
The next day Eliana came over to visit us. Eliana was also excited to see Connor! Lucky Connor! :D Eliana showed me how to make French Onion soup and it was SOOOOOO good! It contained mostly onions with different vegetables. You put the soup at the bottom of the bowl and then a piece of bread on top with some mozza cheese. Again you put soup, bread and then cheese so that it is double layered. I was soooo full at the end but it was soooo good! I decided to take Eliana back to ferry but before going to the ferry we stopped at Park Royal Mall to have a quick look around. We saw this bra shop that had up to size 44 and J Cup! We got measured and tried on different bras. It was soooo cool and informative. It was pricey but we decided that we were going to buy bra from there next time. It was time for Eliana to head back to the ferry :( So I took her to the ferry since I wanted to chat with her more and then I went onto my way back home on the bus.
Yesterday Brendan, Connor and I had a family day and we had an awesome time! We originally planned to go to the Aquarium but it was a really wet day so we decided to just go to Granville Island. On our way there we stopped at Commerical sky train station and found a place that sold pizzas for only $1.50 per slice so I got some. It was soooooo good! I'm definitely going back there. We continued onto our way to Granville Island. We saw a kids market there! Of course - we had to enter the building. The market was FULL of toys and games! Our favorite part was when we went into this toy store and found a wood puzzle that had Connor's name on it! We had to buy it! We probably will give it to him for his one year birthday :)
We continued to explore around Granville Island. We went into the public market to have a hot drink and feed Connor. It was very packed and crowded but it had tons of fresh food. Yummm. Afterwards we decided to continue exploring around and found a little alley in the back with view of water - so beautiful and relaxing. A coffee shop with ice cream was there and there wasn't many people at all so we went in there and got some ice cream. They had sorbet ice cream for Brendan! Sweet :D
Opus (art store) was our next stop since Brendan really like that store and it's where he usually buy his school supplies at. The store was also the biggest in BC so it was interesting looking around. We bumped into a guy from Brendan's class. He was really excited to see Connor since no one in the class has seen him yet. Hopefully this Thursday or Friday I will bring Connor to class so everyone could meet him :)
It was time for us to head our way to Metrotown in Burnaby. We wanted to go to Toyrus there. We picked up new spoons and bottle nipples for Connor. We then headed to Sammy J Peppers for a nice dinner. We had bacon covered scallops. Boy that was sooo good! Brendan had Canadian burger and I had four cheese blackened chicken penno. MMmmmmm. It was a great dinner. Superstore was our next stop to pick up Connor's first cereal and new upgraded formula! We then made our last stop at Cinnazo and I got a Cinnaroll. They make the best ones! MMMmmm! It was time for us to head back home on the bus. The bus ride home took about 30 minutes and during that time Brendan and I played guessing game. I thought of a persons name and Brendan had to ask me yes/no questions to figure out who the person I was thinking of. He only had 10 questions to ask for an easy one and about 15 questions for a hard one. It was a lot of fun!
This morning we decided to start Connor on his first rice cereal! When we gave him the first spoon he had this grunt expression. Sooo funny. He swallowed some but most of the cereal was on his bib, face, hand, and high chair :P We are going to try it a couple more times and see how it goes. He might not be ready just yet but yeah we'll go with the flow :) If the cereal goes well we might try and give him some veggies in about 2-3 weeks.
On Thursday Connor and I went to Kitsilano to visit Heidi for dinner. Heidi was happy to see Connor since she hadn't seen him for a while and had noticed that Connor grew since she saw him last. She made us really nice salad to go with peanut sauce that I made. She also had chicken pie for us. MMMmmmm so good. We had some good chat but didn't stay too long since it took us an hour back home and it would be past Connor's bedtime.
The next day Eliana came over to visit us. Eliana was also excited to see Connor! Lucky Connor! :D Eliana showed me how to make French Onion soup and it was SOOOOOO good! It contained mostly onions with different vegetables. You put the soup at the bottom of the bowl and then a piece of bread on top with some mozza cheese. Again you put soup, bread and then cheese so that it is double layered. I was soooo full at the end but it was soooo good! I decided to take Eliana back to ferry but before going to the ferry we stopped at Park Royal Mall to have a quick look around. We saw this bra shop that had up to size 44 and J Cup! We got measured and tried on different bras. It was soooo cool and informative. It was pricey but we decided that we were going to buy bra from there next time. It was time for Eliana to head back to the ferry :( So I took her to the ferry since I wanted to chat with her more and then I went onto my way back home on the bus.
Yesterday Brendan, Connor and I had a family day and we had an awesome time! We originally planned to go to the Aquarium but it was a really wet day so we decided to just go to Granville Island. On our way there we stopped at Commerical sky train station and found a place that sold pizzas for only $1.50 per slice so I got some. It was soooooo good! I'm definitely going back there. We continued onto our way to Granville Island. We saw a kids market there! Of course - we had to enter the building. The market was FULL of toys and games! Our favorite part was when we went into this toy store and found a wood puzzle that had Connor's name on it! We had to buy it! We probably will give it to him for his one year birthday :)
We continued to explore around Granville Island. We went into the public market to have a hot drink and feed Connor. It was very packed and crowded but it had tons of fresh food. Yummm. Afterwards we decided to continue exploring around and found a little alley in the back with view of water - so beautiful and relaxing. A coffee shop with ice cream was there and there wasn't many people at all so we went in there and got some ice cream. They had sorbet ice cream for Brendan! Sweet :DOpus (art store) was our next stop since Brendan really like that store and it's where he usually buy his school supplies at. The store was also the biggest in BC so it was interesting looking around. We bumped into a guy from Brendan's class. He was really excited to see Connor since no one in the class has seen him yet. Hopefully this Thursday or Friday I will bring Connor to class so everyone could meet him :)
It was time for us to head our way to Metrotown in Burnaby. We wanted to go to Toyrus there. We picked up new spoons and bottle nipples for Connor. We then headed to Sammy J Peppers for a nice dinner. We had bacon covered scallops. Boy that was sooo good! Brendan had Canadian burger and I had four cheese blackened chicken penno. MMmmmmm. It was a great dinner. Superstore was our next stop to pick up Connor's first cereal and new upgraded formula! We then made our last stop at Cinnazo and I got a Cinnaroll. They make the best ones! MMMmmm! It was time for us to head back home on the bus. The bus ride home took about 30 minutes and during that time Brendan and I played guessing game. I thought of a persons name and Brendan had to ask me yes/no questions to figure out who the person I was thinking of. He only had 10 questions to ask for an easy one and about 15 questions for a hard one. It was a lot of fun!

This morning we decided to start Connor on his first rice cereal! When we gave him the first spoon he had this grunt expression. Sooo funny. He swallowed some but most of the cereal was on his bib, face, hand, and high chair :P We are going to try it a couple more times and see how it goes. He might not be ready just yet but yeah we'll go with the flow :) If the cereal goes well we might try and give him some veggies in about 2-3 weeks.

So yeah - that's our week! :)
Love Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment